Mangiare per vivere e non vivere per mangiare. – Italian proverb.
As well as the various blogs and news sites I have begun to follow to consume (ha) Italian food news and media, I will be following and regularly checking up on these Twitter handles:
- @EaterBoston: The Twitter version of the blog-style website I am currently following for Boston food news. They frequently post updates about restaurants in the greater Boston area, as well as links for news on specific cuisines in Boston.
- @hiddenboston: The Twitter for the Hidden Boston restaurant site, which posts about new and not yet heard of restaurants opening in Boston.
- @GlobeFood: The specific Twitter account for The Boston Globe’s food news. They even just posted a reminder that Eataly (an Italian restaurant, grocery store, and wine shop) will be opening in the Prudential Center soon!
- @bosfoodanddrink: A Twitter about Boston’s foods and drinks, including restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and clubs.
- @NorthEndBoston: Twitter page giving news and updates about the North End neighborhood of Boston, which is home to our finest Italian cuisine.
- @thelunchreport: A newsletter Twitter of all the best foods and food specials around Boston.
- @Boston_Foodies: A Bostonian’s guide to great restaurants around Boston.
- @FoodieBytesBOS: FoodieBytes Boston, or the best local dishes around Boston, including pictures and reviews!
- @ItaliaNEWS: News from Italy or about Italy and Italian food.
- @eatboston: Eat Boston, all the food and drink news as well as events in the area.
Looks like there’s an Italian Pride Festival tomorrow in Southie offering free food, so I might as well hit that up! Ciao until next time!